We are currently accepting applications for the position of Part-time Permanent Library Assistant
- Provide excellent service to library patrons
- Assist and backup Community Engagement and Programming Library Assistants
- Be knowledgeable of library services and technologies
- Answer reference questions and provide readers’ advisory
- Assist patrons with the use of technology
- Assist in implementing library programs for all ages
- Shelve and organize library materials
- Administrative and technical services such as data entry, maintaining library records, and statistics
- Interlibrary loans, overdue procedures, and cash handling
- Create and maintain relevant library displays and create promotional materials
- Other duties as required
- Post-Secondary education or equivalent experience
- Programming experience is an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative and diverse environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to respond flexibly and effectively to a wide variety of public needs and changing circumstances
Compensation: $19- $20/hour, depending on qualifications.
This position works weekends.
If you are interested, please apply to: Sarah McCormack, Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. A Criminal Records Check with a check for Vulnerable Sectors will be required for the successful candidate.
Banff Public Library supports equity employment, offering equal opportunity to all Canadians and permanent residents, encouraging applicants from a diverse range of candidates.