Banff Public Library is looking for an enthusiastic Summer Reading Club Assistant to join our team to deliver the library’s summer program!
This is a seasonal, full-time position for students.
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week, including weekend shifts in July & August.
Hourly Rate: $18/ hour
To be eligible, you must be:
• A student between the ages of 15-30
• legally entitled to work in Canada
• Intending to return to full-time studies in the fall of 2022
• Plan and deliver the Summer Reading Club 2022
• Facilitate weekly programs for children ages 4-12
• Market & promote the Summer Reading Club, including school presentations
• Assist with the presentation of special summer events
• Gather feedback, statistics, and complete a final report and evaluation at the end of the summer
• Children’s readers’ advisory and shelving duties as required
• A passion for working with children and promoting literacy
• Past experience working with children
• Knowledge in children's literature
• Ability to work independently & effectively in a team environment
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office applications
If you are interested, please apply to:
Sarah McCormack, Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes and cover letters will be accepted until the position is filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
A Criminal Records Check with a check for Vulnerable Sectors will be required for the successful candidate.
Banff Public Library supports equity employment, offering equal opportunity to all Canadians and permanent residents, encouraging applicants from a diverse range of candidates.